NAME: Robert Dickerson Rehnke, M.D.
DATE OF BIRTH: February 22, 1962
PLACE OF BIRTH: Saint Petersburg, Florida
FAMILY: Married to Tammy F. Rehnke
Daughters: Katelynn & Shelby
Participation in A.A.U. competitive swimming, age 10-15; ranked nationally in the top ten lists for several events and held several state records.
- High School
Dixie Hollins High School, St. Petersburg, Florida (1976-1980)
National Honor Society President, Graduated fifth in a class of 525 students. Delivered graduation address.
University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida (1980-1983)
Graduated Magna Cum Laude with a B.A. degree from the College of Natural Science. Member Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society.
- Medical School
Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, North Carolina (1983-1986)
Accepted to Duke after three years of undergraduate school. Third year research activities: worked in the lab of Dr. James Lowe, Associate Professor of Surgery.
- 1987-1991: Resident - Department of General Surgery, University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, Florida.
- 1991-1992: Chief Resident in General Surgery, University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, Florida.
- 1992-1993: Plastic Surgery Resident, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina.
- 1993-1994: Research Resident, Plastic Surgery Dept., Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina.
- 1994: Fellow in Hand Surgery at The Kleinert Institute, Louisville, Kentucky.
- 1994-1995: Chief Resident in Plastic Surgery, Duke University Medical Center. Durham, North Carolina.
- 1995-Present: Solo Private Practice, St. Petersburg, Florida, Robert D. Rehnke, M.D.
- 2001-Present: Founder, “The Center for Surgical Excellence”, Certified American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities.
- 2015-Present: Founder, “iClinical Study”: A Florida not for profit Corporation dedicated to facilitating health care innovation through a medical social network.
- 2016-Present: Created “iClinicalstudy.com”: A cloud based, secure app. for 21st century clinical research.
- 1988: Licensed to practice medicine in North, Carolina
- 1989: Licensed to practice medicine in Florida
- 1994: Licensed to practice medicine in Kentucky
- 1993: Certification by the American Board of Surgery
- 1998: Certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- 2007: Recertified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- 1999: Active member American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- 2000: Fellow American College of Surgeons
- 2015: Active member The American Society For Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
CONSULTANT TO INDUSTRY
- 1994: Consultant to General Surgical Innovations, Inc., research and development of endoscopic soft tissue balloon dissection techniques and instruments.
- 2004: Consultant to U.S. Surgical/TYCO- use of balloon dissection in Facial Cleft Surgery.
- 2000: United States PatenT: Rehnke #6,055,989 “Method for Surgical Dissection and Expansion”
- 2010: United States Patent: Rehnke #7,780,690 B2 “Instruments And Method For Minimally Invasive Carpal Tunnel Release”
- 2013: United States Patent: Rehnke #8,523,892 B2 “Instruments And Methods For Minimally Invasive Carpal Tunnel Release”.
- 2015: U.S. Non-Provisional Patent Application: SN#14/736,945, Internal Long Term Absorbable Matrix Brassiere.
- 2007: Apparatus and Method for use in Minimally Application, Invasive Ventral Hernia Repair
- 2007: Apparatus for the performance of a Minimally Invasive Ventral Hernia Repair
- 2007: Apparatus and method for use of a Biosurgical Prosthetic Rectus Sheath
- 1996-2006: Mentor/FDA silicone gel study protocol
- 1995: In the Lipomatrix/FDA-Trilucent Breast Implant Study Protocol
- 2001-2002: Member of the “Executive Committee” Palms of Pasadena Hospital, St. Petersburg, Florida
- 2001-2004: School board member, Northside Christian School, St. Petersburg, Florida
- 2004, 2005, 2007: Medical Mission Trips: Antigua, Guatemala “Faith in Practice”
- "The Endoscopic Neck Lift", Rehnke, R., Aldea, P., Eubanks, S., Ruff,G., Montgomery, R., Serafin, D. Plastic Surgical Forum, 1994.
- "Endoscopy of the Upper Extremity", Levin, L.S., Rehnke, R., Eubanks, S., "Endoscopy of the Upper Extremity." Hand Clinics, 11:1., February, 1995.
- "Endoscopic Fascial Cleft Balloon Dissection", Rehnke, R. Levin, S, Eubanks, S. Montgomery, R., Serafin, D. Plastic Surgical Forum, 1995.
- "Improving The Efficiency, Ease And Efficacy Of Endoscopic Abdominoplasty", Ferraro, Frank J., Zavitsanos, George, Van Buskirk, Eric R., Rehnke, Robert D., Ruff, Gregory L., and Ritter, Edmond F., Accepted for Publication Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 1996.
TEXT BOOK CHAPTERS
- Ch 75 "Mediastinitis", Georgiade, G.S., Rehnke, R., Riefkohl, R., Essential of Plastic Maxillofacial and Reconstructive Surgery (Ed.), 1996, Georgiade, N.G., Levin, L.S., Baltimore, Williams, Wilkinson.
- Ch 106 "Commonly Used Drugs and their Interactions", Rehnke, R., Riefkohl, R., Essential of Plastic Maxillofacial and Reconstructive Surgery (Ed.), 1996, Georgiade, N.G., Georgiade, G.S., Riefkohl, R., Levin, L.S., Baltimore, Williams, Wilkinsinson.
- "Minimally Invasive Plastic Surgery ", Rehnke, R., VanBuskirk, E., Mastry of Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgery, Eubanks, Soper, and Swanstrom, Little Brown and Company, Boston, MA.
- 1986: Duke AOA Original Studies Symposium, Duke University Medical Center. "Changes in Skin Flap Impedance: On-line Indicator of the Onset and Severity of Ischemia"
- 1990: Annual Meeting of the Florida Chapter of the American College of Surgeons. "Diaphragmatic Rupture Following Blunt Trauma"
- 1994: Annual Meeting, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, April 1994, Dallas, TX. "Anatomy of the Aging Cheek: Upper and Lower Jowls" Poster.
- 1994: Plastic Surgery Seniors Residents Conference May , Boston, MA. "The Aging Face: Anatomic Changes in Fascial Soft Tissue with Surgical Correction"
- 1994: Annual Meeting, Southeaster Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, June , Boca Raton, FL. "The Relationship of the Orbicularis Occuli to Orbital Aging: Justification for a New Approach to Blephroplasty"
- 1994: 63rd Annual Scientific Meeting for The American Society Of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, San Diego, CA, October 1994, Video Presentation "The Endoscopic Neck Lift"
- 1995: Annual Meeting, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, March 1995, San Francisco, CA. "Augmentation Mammoplasty Using the Endo-scopic Balloon Dissector"
- 1995: 64th Annual Scientific Meeting for The American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, Montreal, Canada, October 1995, Video Presentation "Endoscopic Fascial Cleft Balloon Dissection" (This has been included in the Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation videotape library.)
- 1996: 12th Symposium of the International Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery, Singapore, February 1996, "Harvest of the Latissimus DorsiMuscle using Balloon Dissection Technique", VanBuskirk, E., Rehnke, R., Montgomery, RFerraro, F., Levin, S.
- 1996: Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons, Philadelphia, Pa., March 1996, "Endo-scopic Balloon-Assisted Fascial Cleft Access for Plastic and Orthopaedic Surgery", Eubanks, S., Rehnke, R., Aponte, R., Levin, L.
- 1995: Director of first Minimally Invasive Plastic Surgery Seminar, Duke University Medical Center, June 30, 1995.
- 1995: Co-Director of Minimally Invasive Plastic Surgery Seminar, Duke University Medical Center, November, 1995.
- 1996: Guest Faculty at Third Minimally Invasive Plastic Surgery Seminar, Duke University Medical Center, May, 1996.
- 2007: Grand Rounds Presentation “Minimally Invasive Ventral Hernia Repair” General and Plastic Surgery Departments: University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri. November, 2007.
- 2015: ASAPS “Practice Changers Lecture.” Internal Mastopexy; Circum-mammary Internal Purse Srtring Technique. Montreal, Canada. April 2015
- 2015: International Aesthetic Symposium. Internal Mastopexy, Miami, Florida, November, 2015.